Last month, 30 NH school counselors got together at Manchester Community College and had a terrific interactive experience learning firsthand about 21st century careers and career readiness. The reviews of this event were hugely positive (see attached on page 3-4). Round #2 is on Election Day, November 8th in Lebanon, NH. We will be touring and meeting leaders of Hypertherm Corp. and Dartmouth-Hitchcock Hospital.
- 8:20 am Arrive Lebanon at Hypertherm
- 8:40 am Tour of HyperthermCorporation (cutting edge high tech advanced manufacturer of plasma cutters) Lebanon, NH
- 11:40 Lunch
- 12:30 pm Meeting and information sessions with Sarah Currier (Director, Workforce Development) of Dartmouth Hitchcock on their apprenticeship program where employee are demonstrating performance measures associated with competencies (assessed by doctors).
- 1:30 pm Debrief and Process
- 2:20 pm Leave Lebanon (OK leave earlier if needed)
Last month Mark Holden (ABC), Pete McNamara (NHADA), Mike Somers (NHLRA), Emily Gagnon (ex of Albany / Saffron), Chancellor Ross Gittell (CCSNH), and President Susan Huard (MCC) really set a high bar. The dialog was tremendous — and energetically went both ways. We want to keep the momentum.
To register contact School Counselor Leader Rebecca Schaefer firstname.lastname@example.org . Also the next two events are: 1/17 and 3/10 details TBD.